Five commitments to get the best from everyone
At YBS we believe that everyone has something to offer our business. Which is why we’re really proud to carry the prestigious two ticks disability symbol. Awarded to us by the Employment Service, it shows we’re committed to employing, retaining, training and developing the careers of people with disabilities.
By following the five commitments listed below, we’re letting staff and the wider community know that we are – and always will be – positive about accommodating the needs of disabled people.
YBS is committed to:
- Interviewing all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a job role, and to consider them on their abilities
- Ensuring there is a mechanism in place to discuss with disabled employees, at any time but at least once a year, what both parties can do to make sure disabled employees can develop and use their abilities
- Making every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment
- Taking action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make sure these commitments work
- Reviewing these commitments each year, assessing what has been achieved, planning ways to improve on them, and letting employees and Jobcentre Plus know about progress and future plans